Wednesday, April 2, 2008



If I had to compare myself to a Disney character I would have to choose Mulan. Although I have never pretended to be a man for any reason (noble or weird), I guess I would consider myself more of a tomboy than most. She is also very bold and clumsy which are two traits I seem to see in myself. She has trouble finding men...ironically until she becomes a man but Im not going to take that idea too seriously. Also, if I were able to learn the art of Chinese war highkicks, I would want mine to look like hers.

4 comments:

Keith McKay said...

Mulan's got some interesting issues (the film, not the character). The idea that she has to become something she's not in order to...become...who she is.... Also, in studying ancient China, they placed EVERYTHING on filial piety (bringing honor to parents), so the way they portray her ultimately doing that was gratifying to see.

Lizi Dorff said...

haha, i almost picked her as me! and almost for the same reasons :) that's pretty sweet

Courtney said...

Lindsay, sometimes I think you are just plain hilarious. I second that you probably shouldn't take the whole becoming a man thing to heart and I also like Mulan an awful lot. I think her and Pocahontas are probably friends.

mathurston said...

I am jealous of her high kick also. Do you know the kind of stares I could get from people at dances if I could pull one of those off in the middle of a routine. I would definitely get a high score.