Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Food for the Weekend

So I went home this past weekend and I didn't realize the vast difference between the food I eat here as a poor college student doing my own shopping and home where my mom buys all the food. Its a huge difference, not only in the amount of food I eat but what types of food. I go for the cheap stuff here but my parents can afford the high end stuff: basically not top ramen. White vs. Wheat, Beans vs. Meat, PB&J vs. Turkey and Provolone. I got spoiled and now I am back to eating soup and saltines. It seems like going home almost everything had to do with food: meeting up with friends for dinner, road trip snacks, out to eat with the parents, s'mores over the fire, etc. I felt like the activities were revolving around food, which isn't a bad thing at all. We had 6 friends come with me and my sister so our refrigerator was PACKED full of food! My mom took every precaution she could so that we wouldn't go hungry.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

So true. So my brother, also a hungry college student, is convinced that if he eats mostly fruits and vegetables he spends less on groceries, and eats less. I don't know if i believe him, but a fruit smoothie every morning sure sounds good.

Courtney said...

I don't feel all that deprived here with my dining plus. It seems there are a ton of options so I can't complain. But homemade food beats it all out I must admit. Anything mom makes is better than what can be found in the cougareat...guaranteed.