Thursday, January 10, 2008

Food



My one and only disappointment :) at coming to BYU is that there is no In n Out. Over break I needed to have it at least two or three times a week so that I could have enough of it in my system to last until I take a trip to Vegas. Because of the intensity of this bad news, I thought I'd share some good news. Another food chain that I love is Chipotle and I heard yesterday that there is one in Salt Lake. So that's pretty exciting.

I have come to really love the grocery store. Something about living on your own and knowing you can put whatever you want in that cart is kind of refreshing. But then there is the downside: the register. I guess you could classify me in the group of "very poor college students." This means clipping coupons and generic brands. No more Jiffy peanut butter or Cap'n Crunch...it's Kroger and Malt 'O Meal.

4 comments:

head chef said...

Don't you love in n out's fries. They almost make a trip to Las Vegas worth it. Nice job.

Keith McKay said...

Another worthy institution from California that I miss greatly is Roundtable Pizza. Golly, was that good stuff. Here in Utah it's hard to find a decent pizza that hasn't been sitting under a heating lamp for ten hours and/or been topped with the same three things over and over. Whatever happened the the appeal of gourmet pizza? Oh yeah, that's right - Papa John's killed it.

Alina said...

Hopefully I won't get shunned for saying this but I've actually never ever been to In n Out. I've heard that it has the best fries on earth but I've actually never been. Maybe one day I'll get to California or wherever else they are and get to try some of those delicious fries. Sounds yummy! As for Keith's comment on gourmet pizza in Utah...have you ever been to Pier 49 Pizza? Their gourmet pizza is very tasty!

Sherm said...

Well, the rumor on the street is that they could possibly build an In n Out in St. George! Now that could be just gossip, but it certainly would be very neat. I lived in SoCal for the summer and I just loved those late night trips or lunch breaks eating out at In n Out. The food just was so yummy if of course you are willing to endure the long drive-through lines during lunch!